Quality Espresso receives ISO 14001 Environmental Management System certification
The award demonstrates the company's firm commitment to environmental protection and sustainability in all its processes
Bureau Veritas has awarded ISO 14001 Management System certification to Quality Espresso, confirming that the company has established an effective system to identify, control and reduce the environmental impact of its activities, products and services.
This certification is another step in Quality Espresso's energy efficiency and sustainability plan, which includes the following pillars:
- Ensure that the components of the espresso machines it manufactures are recyclable and oriented towards the circular economy in order to reduce both the consumption of raw materials and the production of waste.
- The Energy efficiency operation of the coffee machines and grinders it manufactures, to achieve reduced energy consumption and improved reliability.
- Quality Espresso has invested in its factory in Barcelona with the installation of new assembly lines and new packaging that is more respectful of the environment.
- In order to minimise the environmental impact of industrial activities, a strict industrial waste management protocol is in place.
- Quality Espresso has installed photovoltaic panels to produce 100% renewable energy for its own use, helping to reduce CO2 emissions into the atmosphere.
- The company has an environmental management protocol with which its suppliers must comply.
- Because prevention is the best practice, a Good Environmental Practices manual has been produced to reduce energy consumption, as well as water consumption and waste management on the premises.
- In order to manage the environmental impact of its activities better, Quality Espresso is working on calculating its global carbon footprint (GEH). This project is scheduled to start in the third quarter of 2023.
Quality Espresso has stated: ‘Obtaining ISO 14001 certification is only the beginning of maintaining and continuously improving our environmental management system, with the aim of leaving a better planet for future generations.